Monday, January 22, 2018

I survived the weekend.

This was my first weekend of my fast and I survived! I asked a couple of sistahs that I know are currently on a fast as well if they continued over the weekend and it came to me. Why wouldnt I continue to fast over the weeeknd? Are the answers and clarity that I seek only for the weekdays? No? Then yes, you must continue to fast during the weekend while you are in your comfort zone and food is there waiting to be ate and prepared. Both days I got up before 8 which was hard since everyone else (especially the baby) were still sleep. But I knew that if I wanted to have something like a normal day, I needed to eat something. Greatness doesnt come with out sacrifice right? So saturday morning I enjoyed some salmon croquettes that my aunt taught me how to fix for myself, coffee and conversations with my husband. I proceeded to clean my fridge which then turned into the kitchen. Odd how the one area I wanted to avoid the most is the place I spent the most time in. But it was well worth it, the fridge sparkled, the counters, walls and floors all got washed so I give thanks for it. I will say that with me being so focused on trying to stay busy and not worry about being hungry, I didnt pray as much as I thought I should. I guess I wasnt supposed to, my main goal was to just make it through the day, which I did. I wont lie though, I did cut my fast short saturday but it was only by 30 minutes. I think it was having to feed the baby and make sure her food wasnt too hot that had me fall off the wagon. Sunday  I did better though. I got up and ate and went straight to doing my hair. Once everyone got up and moving, we went grocery shopping -which wasnt as bad as I thought it would be but Ill tell you I wanted all the junk I saw with my little eye. After shopping, I had a fabulous meet up with my planner group to do our vision boards and then it was back to the house to start dinner. I was super proud that even during my cooking, I did not taste a bit of whatever was on my fingers. lol It gives me joy to know that Ive been strong over this weekend and have made it through what I thought was going to be hell. So with that being said, I give thanks for making it through the weekend and more than half way through day 7. What have you given thanks for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment