Thursday, February 1, 2018

Day 18

Do you ever get excited when you have the opportunities to learn something new? Today is day 18 of my fast, my initial thought was that I was going to be done fasting on the full moon since I started on the new moon,you know completed the cycle and carry on. But I don't feel like I have learned everything that was for me during this time, so Ive decided to continue my fast until further notice. One of the things that was part of my initial intention was presented as a lesson to me both yesterday and today and it made me excited because this is why I am on this journey. Being able to be still and listen, or evaluate the moment you are in has provided me with the answers or guidance that I have been seeking. I give thanks because my intentions included improving how I communicate with my son, and to be mindful with my daughter since she is still learning to talk,  to be a better wife and to help in any way that I need in other areas of my walk.  I have been fortunate enough to have opportunities to work on my communication skills with my son and actually listened to what he had to say, or ask his opinion on situations or conflicts. In doing so, I can definitely see a change in my approach and I know that I am more aware when in these moments.  Now that I've decided to continue my fast, the opportunities to become a better wife have manifested as well. Being able to work on my communication, how to express my thoughts, allow what is being told to me to be received, processed and discussed differently is something I can appreciate. To get reminders from myself during frustrating moments makes grateful because this is the reason why I'm fasting. I will continue to be better and to have a better understanding of me. Day 18, Im grateful for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment